David is one of Edward Allen’s founding partners. He started his first business when he was 13, and he made his first corporate acquisition when he was 18. In his nearly twenty-year career, he has owned approximately one dozen companies, including: a high-availability website hosting company, an efficiency consulting company, a weekly print magazine, a fast-food restaurant, and a law firm.
David’s entrepreneurial mindset makes him well-suited for our business clients, and his extensive technical-oriented background makes him a knowledgeable, invaluable asset to our technology and intellectual property clients.
David excelled in law school; he graduated near the top of his class, and he received the highest grade in over ten of his classes. He also obtained a coveted, 25 hour-per-week student-law clerkship with Hon. Richard Suhrheinrich of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
David focuses his practice on assisting business clients of diverse industries with transactional and litigation work. He also practices a great deal of real-estate law, including landlord-tenant law, for which his real-estate broker’s license has proven quite valuable to his clients.
- Michigan State Bar
Section Member of: Business Law, Real Property Law, Marijuana Law
- National Association of Realtors, Member
- Michigan Association of Realtors, Member
- Grand Rapids Area Association of Realtors, Principal Designated Broker and Member
- Rental Property Owner’s Association, Affiliate Member
- Commercial Alliance of Realtors, Member
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- University of Michigan; Ann Arbor, Michigan
B.A. in Cognitive Biopsychology
- Thomas M Cooley Law School; Grand Rapids, Michigan
J.D., with honors; Intellectual Property concentration
Student Law Clerk for Hon. Richard Suhrheinrich; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit