Dave is one of Edward Allen’s founding partners. He started his first business when he was 13, and he made his first corporate acquisition when he was 18. In his nearly twenty-year career, he has owned approximately one dozen companies, including: a high-availability website hosting company, an efficiency consulting company, a weekly print magazine, a fast-food restaurant, and a law firm.
Dave’s entrepreneurial mindset makes him well-suited for our business clients, and his extensive technical-oriented background makes him a knowledgeable, invaluable asset to our technology and intellectual property clients.
Dave excelled in law school; he graduated near the top of his class, and he received the highest grade in over ten of his classes. He also obtained a coveted, 25 hour-per-week student-law clerkship with Hon. Richard Suhrheinrich of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- American Bar Association
Section Member of: Business Law, Communications Law, Intellectual Property Law, Litigation, and Science & Technology Law
- Michigan State Bar
Section Member of: Intellectual Property Law, Arts, Communications, Entertainment, & Sports Law, Consumer Law, Real Property Law. Family Law, Information Technology Law, Labor & Employment Law, Business Law, Probate & Estate Planning
- National Association of Realtors, Member
- Michigan Association of Realtors, Member
- Grand Rapids Area Association of Realtors, Principal Designated Broker and Member
- Rental Property Owner’s Association, Affiliate Member
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- University of Michigan; Ann Arbor, Michigan
B.A. in Cognitive Biopsychology
- Thomas M Cooley Law School; Grand Rapids, Michigan
J.D., with honors; Intellectual Property concentration
Student Law Clerk for Hon. Richard Suhrheinrich; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit